Characteristics of the SF36 diode
- Maximum Recurrent Peak Reverse Voltage – 400 V
- Maximum Average Forward Output Current – 3 A
- Maximum Forward Voltage Drop per element at 1.0A DC – 1.25 V
- Maximum reverse recovery time – 35 ns
- Typical Junction Capacitance 30 pF
- Package – DO-27
- Weight 1.18 grams
- Operating and Storage Temperature Range -65… 150 °C
Polarity and Pinout
The SF36 diode has a cathode (-) and anode ( ). In the schematic symbol, the tip of the triangle with the line on top of it is the cathode. The cathode is marked on the body of a diode by a band as shown below.
The current can flow from only the anode to the cathode and never from the cathode to the anode – the SF36 diode is like a one way electric valve.