The DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver with Aluminum Heat Sink is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver.
The module has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of the A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent, and overtemperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
Using the Driver
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer. Hence lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
Package Includes :
1 x DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver with Aluminum Heat Sink- Good Quality.
|Input Supply Voltage (VDC)||8.2 ~ 42|
|Current Handling Capacity (A)||2.2|
|Continuous Current (A)||1.5 (per phase)|
|Logic Input (V)||2.5 ~ 5|
|Shipment Weight||0.005 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||4 × 4 × 4 cm|