TIP32C is a PNP Power transistor.
Since it has high collector current of about 2A it can be used for Power switching or large signal amplification.
The transistor is mainly known for its high amplification capacity since 2A is not much of a higher capacity.
So, if you are looking for a PNP transistor for your amplifier circuit then TIP32 might be your choice or to switch higher current loads more than 2A.
Try logic level MOSFETS like IRF540N (N-channel) which also operates at 5V.
- Medium-power PNP Transistor
- DC Current Gain (hFE) 10 to 50
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 3A
- Collector-Emitter voltage (VCE) is 100 V
- Collector-Base voltage (VCB) is 100V
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 5V
- Available in To-220 Package
For instance, this is some applications for that PNP Power Transistor
- high current switching (upto 2A) loads
- Can be used as medium Power switches
- Large signal amplification
- Speed control of Motors
- Half bridge circuits
- Inverter and other rectifier circuits
Pins Configuration :
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Base||Controls the biasing of transistor, Used to turn ON or OFF the transistor|
|2||Collector||Current flows in through collector, normally connected to load|
|3||Emitter||Current Drains out through emitter, normally connected to ground|